Work or Volunteer
San Francisco Heritage is seeking an Administrative Assistant to serve as primary reception for the organization, carry out general office functions, and provide scheduling and clerical support to the President/CEO and the Director of Membership & Development. The Administrative Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt salaried position working 35-40 hours per week.
Office Coordination (25%):
- Serve as primary receptionist for the office (answer phones, greet visitors, manage mail and deliveries, etc.)
- Organize office; monitor and order supplies; renew bulk mail permit and postage meter
- Manage office equipment (i.e. printer, copier, scanner, etc.)
- Coordinate bulk mailings (print copies, create mailing labels using Mail Merge, etc.)
- Occasional event support during evenings and weekends
President/CEO Administrative Support (25%):
- General administrative support for President/CEO: schedule meetings, assist with email and written communications, perform clerical tasks as needed
- Support Heritage Board of Directors and committees: schedule and coordinate meetings, order meals and refreshments, take minutes, maintain board files
Development Clerical Support (50%):
- Assist in maintaining donor database: enter and sort data, produce reports
- Manage and produce acknowledgement letters for all memberships and financial contributions
- Process and manage mass mailings for fundraising events using Exceed Premier!, Excel, and Mail Merge
An ideal candidate for this position will possess and/or demonstrate the following:
- Prior experience in an office administrative support role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience with (or willingness to learn through provided training) electronic database management, Exceed Premier!
- Ability to operate general office equipment and willingness to troubleshoot
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Possess great attention to detail
- Positive attitude, patience, and strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work occasional evening or weekend events
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree preferred but not required (equivalent work experience can substitute)
Commensurate with experience. Heritage offers a competitive benefits package that includes a monthly stipend for medical insurance and ten (10) vacation days per year.
Email resume and cover letter to Desiree Smith, Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit application materials no later than Monday, June 6th at midnight.
Heritage accepts new volunteers to help with a variety of different projects and tasks. These might include: research, grant writing, data entry, clerical, membership mailing coordination, publicity, brochure distribution, gardening and housekeeping projects, special events, etc.
For more information and to register for the docent training, please contact:
Volunteer Coordinator Pamela Larson at 415-441-3000 x25 or email@example.com.