2007 Franklin Street (between Washington & Jackson Streets)
View Larger Map
GENERAL NOTE: Parking in the area is very limited – generally to 2-hour street parking only, so we recommend carpooling and public transportation if possible. We promise to make your visit worth your while! As always, when coming to San Francisco, we recommend that you wear comfy walking shoes and layered clothing.
BUS: We are near Muni bus lines: 1, 12, 19, 27, 47 & 49.
BART: If you are taking BART, exit at the Civic Center station and either take a cab to Haas-Lilienthal, or walk down Grove or McAllister through the Civic Center area to Van Ness Avenue, and catch virtually any northbound bus (the near side of the street as you reach Van Ness.) Get off at Jackson, and walk one block west to Franklin – the HLH will be in the middle of the block on the west side.
CABLE CAR: We are 4 blocks from the end of the California Street Cable Car line, which ends at California & Van Ness. If you take BART from the East Bay, you can hop onto the Cable Car at the other end of the line, at Drumm & California Streets, just out of the Embarcadero BART station. In 12-15 minutes, you’ll be at Van Ness. From the end of the line, you will need to walk 1 block west, and 3 blocks north (1 block uphill, the rest is pretty flat).
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: HLH is on the left (on a one-way street), in the middle of block between Washington & Jackson Sts.
- From North Bay/Golden Gate Bridge: Follow the bridge onto Lombard Street/101, and go RIGHT onto GOUGH Street. Follow GOUGH uphill 9 blocks, and turn LEFT onto WASHINGTON, then LEFT onto FRANKLIN – we’ll be in the middle of the block on your left-hand side.
- From the East Bay/Oakland Bay Bridge: Take the 9th St/Civic Center exit, which will put you onto Harrison Street. Follow it down 1 block and turn RIGHT onto 9th Street. Get into one of the two left lanes, so that you can get onto HAYES when you cross Market Street. Follow Hayes for 3 blocks, and turn RIGHT onto FRANKLIN. We are another ~1.3 miles north along Franklin.
- From the Peninsula:
- From 280N, merge onto 101N – head for the left lanes – and follow instructions below:
- From 101N, take the 101N/Golden Gate Bridge/Civic Center exit (from the left side of the freeway!) & then bear left to take the Octavia/Fell Street exit. After crossing Market, go 3 blocks & turn RIGHT at OAK Street, go down 2 blocks, and go LEFT onto FRANKLIN Street. We are ~1.2 miles north along Franklin.
PARKING in the area: There are several paid parking garages/lots within a few blocks:
- SE Corner of Van Ness & Washington
- Mid-block on Sacramento Street, between Polk and Van Ness (garages on both sides + a lot on the left, behind the Old First Church.) Sacramento is a one-way, west-bound street.
- Mid-block on north side of Jackson Street, between Polk and Van Ness. Jackson is a one-way, west-bound street.
- North side of California Street between Van Ness and Franklin, opposite Whole Foods.
There is metered/street parking in the area, but pay attention to posted time limits, which are enforced even on weekends, depending on where exactly you park. Each block may be different!