Alice Ross Carey Preservation Fund
San Francisco Heritage is proud to steward the Alice Ross Carey Preservation Fund, a grant program to help document, preserve, and celebrate the diverse historic places and cultural assets that define San Francisco.
Heritage will provide small grants for planning, outreach, capital improvement, and interpretive programs or projects.
By providing tangible financial assistance to small-scale, community-based preservation projects, the new grant program will be a powerful tool to advance Heritage’s advocacy and education work in neighborhoods throughout San Francisco. Grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 will be awarded in two rounds each year, with deadlines of February 1st and August 1st. Under special circumstances, awards up to $10,000 may be considered. Eligible applicants include 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, 501(c)(6) business leagues, public agencies, and unincorporated associations with a nonprofit fiscal sponsor. No more than three grants shall be awarded to the same organization within a two-year period.
Grant applications are due on February 1 and August 1.
NOTE: For questions or to submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of eligible projects include:
- public history projects and interpretive programs
- historic rehabilitation, preservation, and restoration projects preservation and adaptive reuse plans
- landmark nominations
- historic district nominations
- historic structure reports
- cultural district planning initiatives
- public events and programs that broaden awareness and appreciation for the city’s cultural heritage
- apprenticeship, mentoring, and/or training programs that help sustain arts, language, and traditions representative of San Francisco’s cultural heritage.
- Mechanics’ Institute (2019)
- San Francisco Neon (2019)
- Grabhorn Institute/Arion Press (2019)
- Golden Gate Institute, Inc. (Kinmon Gakuen) (2018)
- Neighborhood Newspapers of San Francisco (2018)
- 500 Capp Street Foundation
- Art Deco Society of California
- Bayview Opera House
- San Francisco Arts Institute