Show the world your favorite San Francisco landmark or legacy business (or place you think should be a landmark or legacy business) and win a chance for a gift certificate to The Buena Vista Cafe, Anchor Oyster Bar, Green Apple Books, Flowercraft or Soko Hardware.
Post on social media to win prizes in three categories:
1. Best photo in front of an existing SF Landmark
Click the image to browse a recent map of existing SF landmarks and National Register listings.
2. Best photo in front of a legacy business (we will include a map of legacy businesses in our contest announcement)
Click the image to browse a map of existing businesses on the Legacy Business Registry.
3. Best photo at a site you think SHOULD be a landmark or legacy business. Help us elicit ideas for what the future of preservation should look like!
Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Include one or more of these hashtags in your post: #SFHeritage50, #KeepSFSpecial #MySanFranciscoHeritage
The contest kicks-off Tuesday, June 1.
Submissions will be accepted until Sunday, June 13 at 5:00 PM.
We will review and award prizes between Monday, June 14 – Friday, June 18.
Five certificates/gift cards for San Francisco legacy businesses, at $100 each. (These will be assigned at random)
- Buena Vista Cafe
- Anchor Oyster Bar
- Green Apple Books
- Soko Hardware
*Winners will reflect each of our three aforementioned categories, with remaining two reflecting any category.
- We highly encourage those submitting their photos to include a person in the frame, or another interesting element of the place they are choosing. This can include taking a selfie in front of your chosen place, taking a photo of the owner of your favorite legacy business, sharing a photo of your dog in front of your chosen place, etc. The more creative the better!
- Participants must use one or more of the campaign hashtags in their post: #SFHeritage50, #MySanFranciscoHeritage
- Participants should write 1-2 sentences about the place chosen, and where it is located. Bonus points: Why is this place special to you?
*For Instagram, make sure your profile is public in order to be eligible for a prize.
We look forward to seeing your picks for the places that make San Francisco special!